Andrea at ACE Legal understands the strain of going through a divorce. That's why, as a divorce lawyer servicing Vancouver and the East Kootenays she will carefully provide you clear, concise knowledge of your rights and obligations.
Our divorce lawyer will assess your circumstances, and set the right goals and expectations from the beginning of your case. We then put together a case strategy to help you reach your goals.
Using our depth of divorce knowledge, experience and professional skills, our divorce lawyer will work hard to provide you the best possible chance of a favourable case outcome. And we do our legal work quickly and effectively at affordable fees, to keep the money in your hands.
There are no hidden fees or agendas — just intention and expertise to resolve your family matter as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Our divorce lawyer will help you with the following steps:
- File a Notice of Family Claim (NOFC) in B.C. Supreme Court.
- Serve the NOFC to the other party.
- OR if you have been served with a NOFC you have 30 days to file a response and counter claim in B.C. Supreme Court.
- Divorce terms surrounding property division, guardianship of children, parenting arrangements, spousal support, child support and any other issues that need to be negotiated and resolved (everything from personal items to pets).
- If necessary, temporary court orders can be obtained surrounding property division, care of the children, parenting schedules, spousal support and child support.
- Once the terms of the divorce have been negotiated, the terms can be documented in a separation agreement. If the parties can’t agree on the terms the matter would proceed to Trial.
- Trial, where a judge hears evidence from both parties surrounding property division, parenting arrangements, spousal support and child support. Once all the evidence is heard, the judge makes an order stating the terms of the divorce.
- Order for Divorce is delivered, and the divorce is completed.